Monday, November 3, 2014

Rapport is Key





Another key element in Sara's Little Formula is having rapport with my clients.  In order for students to do well in my math tutorials and test prep courses, I must build rapport with them from the very beginning of our work together.  The student must be comfortable with me and I must be able to talk with them first as people and then as students and clients.

Rapport is usually built quite quickly with my clients.  I've worked with teenagers for more than 30 years - and while I now am on average 40 years older than they are - I have stayed up-to-date with trends, technology, and what's important to teenagers so it remains easy to build rapport quickly.  As I often tell them:  "Don't let the gray hair fool you"!

Students have to know that I can help them improve their grades in math class.  Students have to know that I talk to them sincerely and that I care that they learn math more easily and with less stress and struggle.  Building rapport does not happen by talking down to them.  Building rapport does not happen by putting them down.  Building rapport does not happen by telling them "old school" ways of doing things.  Building rapport happens when I can connect with the student in a way that gives them immediate insight to solving their first problem.

Rapport is key to Sara's Little Formula.



SLF Consulting is now enrolling students in one-on-one math tutorials to improve grades in math class.  We are conveniently located across from Prince William Hospital at 8425 Dorsey Circle Suite 102 in Manassas, VA.  For more information, please contact us through our website.


No comments:

Post a Comment