Wednesday, September 5, 2018
Sara's Little Formula has been around for more than 30 years - and has helped hundreds of students become more successful in school, in college, and in life. Sara believes that it is never too early to hire a tutor. Whether a student is struggling or successful - Sara's Little Formula is designed to improve grades, understanding, and knowledge of the concepts - in math and reading. Sara's Little Formula also provides improvement in study skills and time management. And one of the best parts of Sara's Little Formula is the academic coaching and motivation piece.
School has just begun - but it's not too early to hire a tutor!
Sara Fitts and SLF Consulting are located at 8425 Dorsey Circle, Suite 102 in Manassas, Virginia - and also available world-wide via Skype.
Contact us today so you, too, can experience Sara's Little Formula!
Posted by Coach Sara Fitts at 9:35 AM
Monday, August 21, 2017
It's Back-to-School time and Sara's Little Formula is focused on when to hire a tutor in order to have greater academic success this school year.
So many people only think of hiring a tutor when a student is failing - and there are two or three weeks left before the exam. Rarely do things improve in this scenario. The stress and struggle have already taken their toll on the student - and the family as a whole. So I'm providing a few things to think about when thinking about hiring a tutor.
- Set the stage for success at the beginning of the school year. Based on last year's grades in a particular subject (math for example), hire a tutor early in the academic year if the student experienced a lot of difficulty with the subject-area. If the student did poorly in algebra 1, hire a tutor early in the algebra 2 course in order to avoid the same stress and struggle in the new school year.
- When grades are dropping, stress is increasing. Avoid further decreasing grades by hiring a tutor to get the student back on track quickly.
- When the student is disorganized and struggling, hire a tutor to help with organization. The student will become more organized and will struggle less. Stress and struggle lead to many other issues - so hire a tutor quickly.
- When the student is consistently making B's and C's, but is capable of making A's a tutor can make all the difference. This is extremely important when trying to improve grades and overall GPA in high school prior to applying for college.
- When the student is making good grades but doesn't really understand the concepts of the subject a tutor can bring clarity rather quickly. This is extremely important in sequential courses. Students need a solid foundation in order to move ahead easily.
- Before taking the SAT or ACT, hiring a tutor is money well spent. You want to make the most of the testing situation with a tutor who can provide specific test-taking strategies and a few tweaks to improve your score. This is extremely important in making sure the college of your dreams is in sight.
Hiring a tutor is an important part of a successful academic year. The results for the student include:
- building confidence
- reducing stress
- learning the concepts
- faster success
- improving grades
- improving test scores
- improving the overall GPA
- assisting in getting accepted into colleges
- happier learning experience
Posted by Coach Sara Fitts at 7:39 AM
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
Sara's Little Formula is focusing on the upcoming academic year and creating a successful academic year for all students. SLF Consulting provides tutorials in math and reading, test prep for SAT, ACT, PSAT, Praxis, GRE, MCAT, GMAT, and other standardized tests, academic and instructional coaching, workshops for students on time management and study skills, as well as college transition.
For more than 30 years, Sara Fitts has developed a formula for student success (that is now named Sara's Little Formula) that provides the tools necessary for academic success at all levels. By reducing stress and struggle, Sara Fitts has helped hundreds of students improve test scores, improve grades, and most importantly, improve their knowledge and understanding in order to become more successful. The real payoff is confidence.
Posted by Coach Sara Fitts at 8:01 AM
Tuesday, July 5, 2016
Our Summer Session 2016 begins today! Call now to enroll in one of our courses to make your next academic year even better. We provide SAT and ACT prep courses for $500, study skills for $150, and reading or math improvement for $350. Call now to select your spot in our Summer Session!
All courses are one-on-one based on an initial assessment that shows the specific needs of each student.
Posted by Coach Sara Fitts at 9:32 AM
Tuesday, March 1, 2016
There are many math tutors, test prep and tutoring businesses that provide assistance to numerous students for any number of reasons to include improving grades, preparing for SAT, ACT, SOL, and other standardized tests, and study skills. Some tutors and tutoring businesses charge more than others for their services. How do you know who to hire or which tutoring business to choose to help the student in your life? Some of these businesses charge monthly fees, initial assessment fees, and registration fees - and yet do not provide one-on-one instruction unless additional money is paid. Some monthly fees are $299 - $339 per month - and that includes being in a group setting, not in a one-on-one setting. And some of the tutors working in these businesses are not licensed and certificated educators.
So why hire SLF Consulting for your tutoring needs?
- Sara Fitts is a licensed and certificated educator with more than 30 years of experience working with students
- Every session is one-on-one based on the specific needs of the student
- The $65 per hour fee includes unlimited texts/calls/emails for additional help during the week as well as the initial assessment
- Every session includes academic coaching, strategies and techniques for academic success, and motivation in addition to the session topic
- We work with students at all grade levels - including college - in mathematics, reading, time management, motivation, study skills, and test prep as well as transitions from high school to college, middle school to high school, elementary school to middle school, and college to work
- SLF Consulting has a proven track record since 2000 of improving grades and test scores and assisting clients in getting into the colleges of their dreams
- SLF Consulting uses Sara's Little Formula - and no one else has that!
SLF Consulting can help the student in your life with math, reading, test prep, study skills - and usually the results occur quickly. Contact us today to see how Sara's Little Formula can help you. Click here to contact us today.
Posted by Coach Sara Fitts at 11:11 AM
Tuesday, December 8, 2015
What can Sara's Little Formula actually do?
- Help students improve their grades.
- Help students get into the colleges of their dreams.
- Increase standardized test scores.
- Transition from high school to college - or from middle school to high school.
- Transition to full-time employment.
- Calm stress and reduce struggle.
- Solve problems - quicker, easier, and with much less stress.
- Teach students how to communicate more effectively.
- Motivate and cultivate environments for success.
- Manage time for study. Manage time for success.
- Break down lessons into simpler concepts.
- Assist with the college application process.
- Reduce parent's stress.
- Help create successful students who are happier, calmer, and much more productive.
SLF Consulting is located in Manassas, VA at 8425 Dorsey Circle, Suite 102. We provide tutorials in algebra 1,2, and 3, geometry, trig, prob/stats, pre-calculus, and SAT prep in addition to academic coaching, time management, study skills, and vocabulary and reading improvement.
Thursday, July 2, 2015
For more than 30 years Sara Fitts has developed a formula for working with students that gets results. She relies on her experience as a math teacher, administrator and instructional coach to improve the way students learn. With more than 24 years in public education and owning SLF Consulting since 2000, her track record speaks for itself. Our clients have been accepted into numerous colleges and universities - including Virginia Tech, UMass, Brown, UCLA, JMU, GMU, and UVA to name but a few.
SLF Consulting uses a one-on-one approach to teaching and learning that is based on the specific needs of each individual student. We provide academic coaching that enhances each tutorial session and paves the way for the next level of learning. We work with students to meet a variety of needs: to improve grades, to learn new concepts, to remediate needed skills, and to improve self-esteem. We reduce stress and struggle for students as well as for their parents.
Sara's Little Formula is the crucial distinction that sets Sara Fitts and SLF Consulting apart from all other tutors and test prep companies. We work with each student in a one-on-one setting to improve the learning environment and only work on the specific needed skills of each student. SLF Consulting does not use a cookie-cutter approach to teaching and learning. Every lesson, every session, and every course is prepared only for the individual student. And that is why SLF Consulting has been effective and successful in getting the results that students and parents want and need.
If you want to experience successful academic results, contact SLF Consulting today. Limited space is available in our Summer Session - beginning on Monday, July 6.
For a complete listing of our course offerings, check out our Summer Catalog of Courses here.
Posted by Coach Sara Fitts at 7:17 AM